Deer Management Advisory Committee
Hamilton Conservation Authority (HCA) has formed a Deer Management Advisory Committee (DMAC). The purpose of the Committee is to provide sound, scientific-based recommendations to HCA Board of Directors for the short- and long-term management of deer populations at Iroquoia Heights Conservation Area.
The committee will review and recommend the most effective method(s) to address the deer population at Iroquoia Heights Conservation Area, based on area-specific conditions, characteristics, and constraints. The Committee will be comprised of peers, partners, stakeholders and local individuals representing both public and private interests within HCA’s watershed community. A draft Terms of Reference has been written for the committee.
- DMAC Terms of Reference
- Ancaster Deer Wintering Survey 2009
- DMAC Attendance Policy
- Canadian Biodiversity Strategy: Canada’s Response to the Convention on Biological Diversity, 1995
Meetings will be held biweekly during May and June, 2010, and will resume as monthly meetings in September, October, and November 2010. These meetings are open to the public as observers.
HCA Deer Management Advisory Committee Meeting Schedule
All meetings held at Hamilton Conservation Authority's Main Office located at 838 Mineral Springs Road, Ancaster,unless otherwise indicated.
Public Open House Presentations
- Ministry of Natural Resources' Cervid Ecological Framework
- Ministry of Natural Resources' Strategy for Preventing and Managing Human-Deer Conflicts in Southern Ontario
- Sifton Bog Deer Information
- Sifton Bog Deer Report
- Non-lethal Deer Population Control - Porcine Zona Pellucida (PZP) Vaccine
- Non-lethal Deer Population Control - SpayVac
- Sifton Bog Management Study
- City of London Deer Management Strategy