50th Anniversary (1)
HCA celebrated its 50th Anniversary in 2008
HCA began as the Spencer Creek Conservation Authority in 1958 in the wake of Hurricane Hazel. In 1966, amidst growing awareness of the important balance of growth and environmental responsibility, the City of Hamilton and parts of the surrounding communities of Stoney Creek, Saltfleet, Binbrook, and Glanford joined the authority in 1966 to form what is now the HCA.
Browse through the pages below to learn more about the HCA's 50+ years of conservation.